I am sadly remiss about updating this blog...perhaps when I have more time this summer, I will update more frequently. In the mean time...
Part of the reason I am obsessed with coffeeshops and coffee in general is because I am a barista. My job is to make the best coffee possible so that customers have an enjoyable coffee experience as well as an enjoyable overall experience at the coffeeshop. I had a disagreement with a friend the other day about something having to do with how espresso is made, so I decided to just do some more research (outside of my training) to discover the truth of the matter.
In this research, I not only had a good refresher, but I also learned a few things. Hopefully, I will now be able to enhance people's coffee experience with my newly acquired knowledge.
The other night, I had the opportunity to make coffee for some real coffee drinkers. The typical person who comes into a coffeeshop wants a sweet, coffee flavored drink which will help them stay awake. But then you have the real coffee drinkers who actually want to drink coffee. They know their stuff, and I can talk to them in real coffee talk. I was able to make a friend a real cappuccino (most people who order a cappuccino want a latte), but knowing the she was a coffee person I asked if she wanted a real cappuccino. When she replied the affirmative, I asked if she wanted it dry or wet. Oh, how I love coffee lingo and those who understand it.
I also discovered this morning over breakfast with a friend that I enjoy french press coffee for several reasons, but one of those reasons is that I always feel elitist when drinking french press coffee. I feel like rich people must have their breakfast with strong coffee from a french press. Maybe that's my imagination at work or maybe it is Hollywood distorting reality again, but whatever it is, that is one of the reasons I enjoy french press...I always feel classier when drinking one.
Until next time...keep your coffee strong
...and if you enjoyed your coffee experience, tell your barista thanks. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment