There are often times as a barista when I wish everyone was as obsessed about knowing their coffee as some of us are. I understand that that would just be asking a little too much of the general coffee drinking population. When I do come across the occasional person who does know their coffee it is extremely refreshing. I think that's part of what I love about hanging out in coffeeshops (real coffeeshops--Starbucks doesn't count); these people know their coffee.
Connally found this wonderful picture which explains the difference between all these different coffee beverages for those who are coffee-illiterate. I kind of wish I could just blow this up and print it on a poster board and post it by the menu. Then when people order a macchiato they will truly be ordering a macchiato.
Connally found this wonderful picture which explains the difference between all these different coffee beverages for those who are coffee-illiterate. I kind of wish I could just blow this up and print it on a poster board and post it by the menu. Then when people order a macchiato they will truly be ordering a macchiato.
Kudos to Connally for finding this little bit of amazing-nessOkay, rant over...for now. My coffeeshop is currently closed for a couple of weeks, and I miss everyone like crazy...because as I've stated before, this is not just a coffeeshop, but a family, a community, a home. I'm sustaining myself with an iced honey latte, some good music and some work on PoHo business. I might have to go visit some more coffeeshops, though in the next couple of weeks.
Until next time...keep your coffee strong.
Until next time...keep your coffee strong.

Thanks for educating me.. no joke! Even after working at an Italian Icecream shop that served those same drinks, I get it.
ReplyDelete