Monday, April 26, 2010

A bit Foggy

Earlier this month, I had an opportunity to try out a coffeeshop that I hadn't been to before: Fog City Coffee. I was on my way to watch 2 year-olds and was rather exhausted and this coffeeshop happened to be on my way. Fog City is a small coffeeshop located in a strip mall parking lot with a drive-up window.

I was a little pressed for time, so I went through the drive-thru instead of parking and going inside. Having never been there before I asked the lady taking my order what was good, and instead of answering my question by asking me questions about what I like or by telling me what people usually order there, she just told me it depended on what I like and said she would give me time to look at the menu as she had customers in the shop. I didn't know if I could just order whenever I made up my mind, so I ended up sitting there for quite a while. I was a little disappointed with the service, but the lady was polite and chipper.

I got the coffee and espresso (I think they call it a fog lifter), and while it was good, I wasn't exceptionally impressed.

The entire experience wasn't good or bad but rather just run-of-the-mill. Although part of that is probably my fault for not actually going inside the building. Drive-up windows and coffeeshops just really shouldn't go together. Because coffee is all about social interaction. Somehow, I think the drive-thru just takes away the social aspect of coffee.

Until next time...keep your coffee strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment