I dearly love coffee. I dearly love coffeeshops. What I do not dearly love at this moment are the repercussions I am experiencing from the decision to have a latte at 11 PM.
Here's the situation: I was very tired, so I had my friend make me a honey latte. It was delicious. And it also had two shots of espresso in it. Well, after not having had any caffeine in the past two weeks you can imagine the shock that gave my body.
And here I am 7 hours later, still awake. I guess the good news is that I have gotten quite a bit accomplished. The bad news is that I have a final this afternoon, I am closing at work tonight, and I haven't gotten any sleep.
This is, however, one of the joys of coffee that I was hoping to rediscover after my caffeine/coffee fast, and indeed I have. Caffeine is indeed very powerful, and a very good tool when used correctly.
Lesson Learned: All-nighters sometimes happen even when you don't plan them. Oops.
Until next time...keep your coffee strong.
Been there. The worst time for me was having an accidental all-nighter after a month of having once a week purposful all-nighters. My body was so adapted that is was now normal to stay up all Wed. night.
ReplyDelete