Monday, July 12, 2010

what is coffee?

I recently filled out an application for a part-time position at The Coffee Ethic. I would love to work there because I love their dedication to making the best coffee product they can. The attention to detail is excellent (as well as the coffee). But even if I am not hired there, I still greatly enjoyed applying because in addition to all the normal and usual questions on the application, they also had a completely different section of questions. One of which was the question: what is coffee?

I actually thought over this question before I answered it because coffee is a delicious beverage, but it is also so much more than that. This is the answer that I came up with.

Coffee is a delightful beverage meant to be enjoyed within a social setting to enhance and enrich life.

I felt like that pretty well sums up my feelings about coffee. Not that you can't drink coffee alone, but that it is best when enjoyed as a social thing to bring an added element to your relationships. There really is nothing quite like sitting down with a friend over a cup of steaming coffee and talking about the deep issues of life.

I'll be gone with The Potter's House to a catering gig for the next couple of days. I'm looking forward to this new experience.

Until next time...keep your coffee strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment