I have a weekly Friday morning tea/coffee date. A dear friend and I get together for breakfast accompanied by our beverage of choice, and we chat about life, love, and God. This week, I decided that we should try out the coffee at The Hub (located directly across from the courthouse in Springfield). Confession: the only reason I really wanted to go there was because I saw a tweet about the owner which included a YouTube video of his BMX skills. I wanted to see if he made espresso as well as he does stunts on a bike.
I was not disappointed. The coffee was truly fantastic. They serve Intelligentsia coffee, and is it ever fantastic! I got the cappuccino, and my friend got a mocha. We got our beverages to go as we planned to go somewhere outside to eat breakfast so we could enjoy the lovely weather. The coffee was so fantastic that less than 3 hours later, we were once more back at The Hub to enjoy some more of their delicious product.
My parents have often observed that coffeeshops have the oddest combination of stores with them. I have been in a coffeeshop that has a laundry mat attached. I've posted before about coffeeshops and libraries (which I think is a brilliant decision). However, this is the first coffeeshop I have come across that also includes a bike shop. I love the idea that people can combine something they are passionate about with a coffeeshop. I think that's one of the things I love about coffeeshops.
I didn't really explore the bike shop (I'm not much of a bicyclist), but the over all atmosphere was enjoyable. It had a feel much like the Coffee Ethic. It was very open and modern feeling, yet it also had the natural accents that I so enjoyed at the Coffee Ethic. Large glass windows let in the gloriousness of the sunlit day, and the exposed brick walls gave it a sophisticated feel.
The coffeeshop had a very clean, fresh, basic feel to it. There were few decorations, or at least the decorations didn't seem to fill the space of the room. There were some lovely photographs on one wall and there were bicycles used for decoration. I guess it didn't have a very homey feel to it. Nonetheless, I enjoyed this coffeeshop immensely. The coffee was excellent and the atmosphere was a typical coffeeshop feel with it's own unique twist.
There might be more Friday morning visits in store for this coffeeshop addict.
Until next time--keep your coffee strong.
No comments:
Post a Comment