Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Coffeeshop Circut

I love living in a town with many coffeeshops. It means when the one you normally go to is closed you have many others to pick from. There is a coffeeshop circut, so to speak, and there are people who travel the circut. It is always fun to go to a different coffeeshop and see the same people.

My latest stop in the rotation is the Mudhouse in the Library Center in Springfield. Two things gave me motivation to go to this coffeeshop. The first is that it is another coffeeshop-library combo. The second is that I have a friend who works there. I have taken to going in on Sunday afternoons to get a coffee and then read or relax for an hour or so.

After learning about my addiction to honey lattes, my friend suggested that I try the Spiced Latte. It is basically a honey latte with cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. It was quite delicious.

This Mudhouse doesn't have as cozy a coffeeshop feel as many of the other coffeeshops in Springfield, but part of that has to do with the space they have to work with. It is a very large library, so the space is big and airy and open. The feel is more modern than chill and cozy.

It will probably remain my Sunday afternoon escape, but I suppose I will try to switch it up sometime.

Until next time...keep your coffee strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment