Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hebrews

A friend needed coffee the other day when I picked her up from work, and Hebrews was on the way home, so that's where we decided to stop. I have actually been there before, but that was quite a while ago...more than a year probably. I used to meet there with a writing group that I was part of. We would get our coffee and read our writing samples aloud and give each other feedback. It was incredibly delightful.

Possibly the first time I was there, I had a white mocha with something in it. And it was delicious!! That was in the fall or winter, so it was cold outside, enticing me to get a hot drink. When we stopped in this time, it was hot outside, so I opted for an iced drink. I had the iced honey latte (surprised?), and it was good. Although, I could tell that they didn't mix the honey with the espresso before they put it all together because there were unmixed honey bits in the drink. It was still a delicious beverage, and it completely hit the spot.

They have lovely decor, with lots of modern paintings and artwork on the walls. There is plenty of space for people to sit, and there was an interesting mix of people there. There were some families with babies, some of the younger, college-aged crowd decked out in TOMS (!!) and toting mac's, and some people who looked like they might be having a business lunch.

That's another nice thing about Hebrews; they have a delicious looking food menu. I haven't tried any of their food, but it sure sounds good, and if it lives up to the coffee, then it will be good indeed.

I did not, however, get my disloyalty card stamped because I didn't order a drink that it works with. I guess I'll just have to go back. Maybe in the next week.

Until next time...keep your coffee strong.

1 comment:

  1. quick note on Hebrews: i got a birthday coupon from them for a free lunch/dinner entree with purchase of another. yes, please?? ;)

    ReplyDelete