Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I am a Coffeeshop Addict

Yes, it's true...I am addicted to coffeeshops. There is something internsically fantastic about coffeeshops - a certain flair that they have that cannot seem to be found elsewhere. They are similar to pubs in that aspect. The environment of a true pub just cannot be duplicated. The same is true of a true coffeeshop...it's environment cannot be duplicated. And each coffeeshop has it's own unique flavor and flair.

On this maiden post, I am going to tell you about a coffeeshop in Windom, Minnesota called SiJambo (I think). I was there yesterday morning and had a lovely chai latte. The atmosphere was light, airy, open. High ceilings with wonderful molded tin panels for the ceiling. Warm yellows and reds made the coffeeshop inviting, but upon entering it was not really a place I would want to sit and chill for a while.

Upon entering there were tables and chairs -- a good place to sit and have breakfast or lunch with friends. Upon entering the room farther, there was a more intimate part further in where one could curl up and read or study or just chill out. A couple of sofas, smaller tables with one or two chairs and prints of African Animals on the walls added a cozy feeling.

As previously stated, I had the chai latte. It was good, although not as good as some chai's that I have had. Therefore I cannot speak to how the coffee was, and I'm not really planning to go back to find out as it is in Minnesota...which is very cold...in case you didn't know.

Until next time - keep your coffee strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment